CMS Web Design Software - FAQ
Our web design software, complete with its online HTML editor allows quick, easy web content management and allows you to change the design of your site's web pages anywhere, any time.
How do edit a page?
- Go to the Dashboard screen and select Pages. Then right click on the page, and select Edit Page. Depending on any other users of your system, you may need to select Commit To Edit so that nobody else can edit the same page as you, at the same time. Click here for a video.
How do I save my changes?
- If you want to save your changes, you have two options. You can select Update Webpage if you are a single user (for multiple users, your administrator may need to approve the changes for you) and your changes will immediately take effect on the live website. If you simply want to save your work, without it taking effect you can select Save As Version and then return to edit them later using Load Version.
I can't see my changes on the live website?
- If you are a single user, this is because you have not refreshed the page. You can do this by selecting the window of your live site and then pressing the F5 or Refresh button (sometimes, depending on the type of change, holding the CTRL key down while doing this is required). If your system has multiple users, your changes may need approval from your administrator before they can take effect.
I have added a new page but it's not showing?
- Go to the Dashboard screen, then select Pages. Once you are editing the page you want to display, make sure that Page Enabled and perhaps Navigation Item are enabled, then press Save Changes.
I am trying to edit a page but it says it's a module?
- This means that while the module is displayed like a page (for example your news feed), you need to access this via the Dashboard by selecting Modules, and then chosing the module you want to access. You can also ask us to make the text above the module to be editable - contact us for more info.
I need help to edit my website.
- If the answer you are looking for is not listed, just give our friendly support team a call, or check out our CMS video library.
How do I get to see the web page software in action?
- Check out our CMS videos for a demo of the system
- No other software is needed, and the system includes integrated image manipulation. However, we recommend the Microsoft Office Picture Manager (bundled with recent Office versions) for intermediate users, or Adobe Photoshop for advanced users.
Do I have to build a web page from scratch?
- No, we provide an initial design concept, or you can provide your own. Our web designers then turn this into a dynamic web design, which changes in synch with the CMS. You can then use the CMS web page editor to change the content on the page.
Do you support editing websites on your CMS?
- Yes, absolutely. Any CMS users benefit from unlimited support from our team of expert UK support staff, on a national UK number. We also have a range of how-to videos to help guide you.
Do I need to be involved in setting up a web page?
- No, once you have approved the web design, we will then build the site to a level where you can just decide what words you want on the page using the CMS web page design software. We can help with this if required - just call our support line for assistance.